My mom has this lovely way of simplifying a recipe until it is so basic you could practically make it with your eyes closed, yet making it taste better and better with each ingredient she eliminates. This ice cream recipe is no exception. Creamy, delicious, addicting, (in a good way 😉 yet so very simple. My girls and I have been making this every day for the last few days. It’s THAT good. =) I’m excited that we can get our healthy fats in such a delicious way.
Mom’s Simply Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 cup sugar (any kind) or 1/2-3/4 cup Maple Syrup
- Pinch Salt
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 1 Quart Cream (Heavy whipping cream or fresh skimmed cream)
- Prepare your ice cream maker. If you need to freeze your ice cream make bowl, do so at least 15 hours in advance. It’s also a good idea to chill the bowl you will be mixing everything in if you are using a cheaper ice cream maker.
- Mix all ingredients together with a whisk. Make sure you only use as much cream as you have space for in your ice cream maker. If you have more than a quart of space in your ice cream maker, you may fill up the rest of the way to the fill line with whole milk if desired.
- Follow the instructions on your ice cream maker to make the ice cream.
- Immediately pour into bowls and serve or pour into a chilled container and place in freezer.