This is another jello/fruit snack recipe we love. You can adjust the amount of gelatin to make a regular jello consistency or jello jigglers or actual fruit snacks. You can also add any powdered or liquid vitamin or mineral supplement to pump up these healthy snacks. Katie at Wellnessmama.com also has this great gummy vitamin recipe with some great ideas for things to add.
Here is what we did yesterday (we actually quintupled the recipe, but I am giving you the original recipe scale).
Vitamin Packed Fruit Snacks
- 1 cup water, divided in half
- 1/3 cup grassfed gelatin
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 2 teaspoons probiotic powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin seed oil
- 2 teaspoons liquid vitamin D
- 1 teaspoon liquid Echinacea
- 1 cup pureed spinach, blueberries, and peaches
- 1 cup kombucha
- Puree your fruit/veggies. Add liquid or powdered vitamins/supplements.
- Measure out kombucha and honey and set aside.
- Boil 1/2 cup water.
- Mix remaining 1/2 cup cold water with gelatin. Whisk or use an immersion blender to blend until somewhat smooth.
- Add boiling water and blend again. Mixture will be thick, but try to get out any gelatin lumps at this point.
- Add honey (or you can use maple syrup).
- Add puree and kombucha.
- Blend until smooth, then pour into silicone molds or glass pans. I like to put it into smallish storage containers with lids so we don’t eat it all in one sitting. =)
Other ingredients you might want to add/substitute:
Vitamin C powder
Herbal teas (echinacea, olive leaf, chamomile, licorice root, rose hip, red raspberry…)
Cod liver oil or other fish oil
My kids love to eat this jello for dessert, and I love to let them eat it because it is packed full of nutrition. You may want to start with small servings of this jello if you are not used to eating lots of probiotics, because lots of probiotics at once can cause an upset stomach if your body is not used to them.
What would you add? Share it in the comments!