I came across a wonderful, healing jello recipe! No artificial colors or flavors, just wholesome, gut healing goodness. =)
The original recipe I found is flexible, and sounds pretty good, but I wasn’t sure my kids would go for tangy jello, so here is what I did:
First of all, I quadrupled it. Those of you who know me personally know that I rarely make a small batch of anything. 😉 I’m sure glad I did, because my kids and I ate more than half of it today! My 2 year old couldn’t get enough of it. But if you want to start small, scale back to 1/4 cup water, 1 cup kombucha, 1 cup fruit, etc.
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup Grassfed gelatin (Depends on how firm you like your jello- I used close to 1/3 cup to have an almost finger food consistency. It’s important to use good quality gelatin- it is a great gut healer and body builder.)
- 1/2 cup raw honey (More or less depending on how sweet you like it. With the amount of fruit I added, it was plenty sweet enough for us.)
- 5 cups kombucha (You can use fruit juice or water if you don’t have kombucha, but the kombucha adds lots of great probiotics and is the main tummy soothing ingredient.)
- 2 cups pureed fruit of your choice (I pureed frozen blueberries with some of my kombucha in my blender before adding to the gelatin. My picky eater suggested that I should use peaches next time though.)
- Pour the cold water into a saucepan and sprinkle the gelatin over.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the honey and stir while heating just until the gelatin dissolves and the honey is incorporated.
- Remove from heat and add the kombucha, juice or water and pureed fruit.
- Pour into a couple pans or containers with lids (I like to use food storage containers with lids so I don’t have to worry about them spilling in my fridge.)